Sunday, April 13, 2008

Two days and counting. . .

The semester is just about over. I survived last week--it was absolutely crazy. I had a 12 page research paper and a Beowulf project on top of all the other reading and worksheets that teachers expected me to do and turn in. I also had some french "cultural" experiences and quizzes that I had to finish up, tests to take, and about 25 employee evaluations to finish at work. To make things even more crazy, you may have noticed the Subway commercials that advertise 5 dollar foot-long sandwiches. Well, I think every person on campus noticed because Subway has been going crazy. So instead of getting a my evaluations done, I've been stuck in Subway helping them with the endless line. I was so frustrated one night that I hadn't finished my evaluations that I had a dream that my boss hired bounty hunters to track down all the employees for me. I just walked into the office and there was this army of large, tattooed, gun carrying men who wanted a list of all the people I needed to find. It was a pretty funny dream.
But I survived the week!! And now there are only two more days left of class. I think my grades will turn out pretty well. All except for french that is. There has just been too much to do and too many more important things to finish--there's no way I could have spent even an hour a night studying french.
Speaking about difficult, I taught the Sunday school lesson today. It was on Jacob 5 and Zenos's Allegory of the Olive Tree. I was pretty nervous because that's kind of a confusing subject especially when I'm trying to teach other people about it. But I think it turned out okay. At least everyone told me that they liked it and that they learned something. . .
Anyway, finals start this Friday and finish next Wednesday. Then all I have to do is move into my new apartment Saturday. I'm excited to not be taking classes this spring. I'll just be working 40 hours a week. So it will be nice to just come home and not do homework. Well, nothing else to report, so I guess I should go to bed.

3 comments:

ldsjaneite said...

You had to do another thing with Beowulf! I'm sorry. I know how much you hate that one!

Mom S. said...

Wow! You sound busy! Bounty hunters! Bwah!

I can't wait until June!!

septons said...

Cheri I think you are suffering from star wars withdrawl and to compensate you are dreaming about bounty hunters. You better take some time to watch some sci-fi.
I love the feeling when the semester is over and you get home from work and realize you can do something fun instead of doing homework. I expect you to be caught up with star gate by the time you get here in June. Good Luck with your finals.