Saturday, April 26, 2008

Welcome to the Loft

Here I am at my new apartment. It's called "The Loft" because it used to be an old hay loft. It took me the better part of the day to pack everything up and get it all here, and now I just have to unpack everything again. Moving is a pain. But I think I'll like my new apartment--its really different from my old apartment, but I'll adjust. I think I needed a change, and what better time to change than during a semester that I don't have to worry about classes? Plus, I got a break because back at the complex (only a few yards away) a kid in my ward rigged up a huge sheet, found a projector at DI, and we all watched Oceans 11 in the north court. It was fun, but super cold which is dumb because it's April.
So anyway, I'll basically just be working this semester. I'm a student manager at the Cougareat (I think everyone knows that. . .) and I'm only officially scheduled for 20 hours at work, but I've already got myself unofficially scheduled to sub and come in to clean this coming week for another 20 hours. In other words, my master plan to cheap the system and work 40 hours is working.
And then next weekend there's a little thing called Women's Conference, which rivals Education Week. This means that I'll basically be working 40 hours in two days--sounds exciting right? Well, actually it does--because if I can work as many hours as possible then I'll have plenty in savings for next fall. Of course, I don't believe in being suicidal--there's this girl I know at work who's plan is to work 80 hours a week. That sounds a bit extreme to me, but each to his own.
And then the week after that, my friend David Silvers is getting married on Thursday. Besides getting to see David (who probably wont remember seeing me because after all, it's his wedding day) I'll get to see Heidi! I'm really excited. It's also very possible that Jess will come back down for the wedding as well, which would be great! Then that Saturday, my friend Lacey and her mom will be driving back to Colorado from San Diego and will stop by Provo. Then early Sunday morning, I'll be heading back to Loveland with them. I only get to stay until Tuesday night, but better than nothing right? I haven't seen Lacey in forever. . .
Well, I have to teach tomorrow morning, so I better go try out my new bathroom and bedroom and get some sleep. I wonder if it will be weird sleeping in a hay loft. . .

4 comments:

ldsjaneite said...

I was wondering how the move went. Sleeping in the loft isn't bad if someone doesn't turn the heat up to 95 degrees! :-) I'm excited to see you, too! I need this vacation so badly! I loved watching movies on the big sheet. I've seen 3 that way. Although one was "Jaws" in the pool. :-) Crazy about the weather out there--except that it IS Utah. Good luck with your lesson!

Kathy said...

I love your blogs! I hope you enjoy your new home. I Can't wait until we are all at Daven's new house. Hurry up and get here June!

Jaclyn said...

So is it weird sleeping in a hay loft?

ldsjaneite said...

You've been tagged! (And I need to email you some time!)