Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Fight the Man--Get the Education Campaign 2009

Dear Oppressed Independent Study Students,

After a grueling spring and summer term, I finally finish my undergraduate studies in 48 hours. Finish everything, that is, except for one Independent Study Art History course that is kicking my trash. I have been owned, poned, punk'd, rejected, and beat-down by said course. Nonetheless, I will rise from the ashes and karate-chop 19th Century Art into submission, thereby freeing countless Independent Study slaves from the cruel and heartless clutches of multiple choice exams and monotone compact-disc recordings.

Join my revolution, and you too will learn the oriental secrets that can destroy the foul and pernicious tyrants who attempt to postpone official documents of graduation—not to mention, the long anticipated intermission between undergraduate and graduate work. Sign-up today and receive ice-cream and the pleasure of my company. Sign-up tomorrow and risk the chance of me being completely content with the world and in no mood to stage a full-scale assault against our oppressors.

Your humble servant,

The Not-so-Scarlet De-Pimped Nel


Disclaimer: I do not claim to have a complete understanding of martial arts nor do I fully comprehend its ability to enable you to do well on your exams. You will be solely responsible for any back and/or neck injuries that you may or may not acquire upon joining this revolution. Good health insurance is recommended. Other options include enrolling in the fabulous and exciting array of on-campus classes that are typically available and guaranteed for your learning enjoyment.

4 comments:

ldsjaneite said...

Does this mean I rock for doing online grad school? :-) I'm so happy for you--almost done!!!!! *sigh* All grown up and savin' China.

Jaclyn said...

Oh yeah! Sign me up!

FigureSkater said...

OMGOSH! This is hilarious!!

Jess said...

I love you. Like, a lot. You make me laugh. Like, a lot.

And you should check out the suprise I have for you on my blog:
http://jestkeptsecret.blogspot.com/2010/04/surprises-as-promised_30.html

:)